Still tracking guitars. Rhythm guitars. I’d say probably 1/3rd of my way through them.
Parts have been tricky while I struggled with getting the right tone but now I’ve figured out partly how to address some of the issues (amp settings, pickup choice, pedal use). Part of it has also been arrangement-related, which I sort of have to go back and re-learn/re-visit some techniques that I’ve somehow forgotten.
Some things to try and play with: Mostly note to self:
- Stabbing 8ths
- Harder picking
- Arpeggiated sections – clean or with some dirt
- Trying out different chord inversions between left and right parts
- Playing chord inversion at a higher register
- Adding rotary or modulating effect to these extra parts
- Using different pick on different part
- Using different guitar on different part
- Acoustic guitar to add articulation
- Varying strumming pattern between phrases or sections of phrases
Keys and synth parts are done. Piano parts will happen later, depending on when I’ll have access to one.
More to come.